Thursday, December 08, 2005

Now I Make My Good Confession

"Take hold of the eternal life whichyou were called and about which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses." 1 Timothy 6:12b

Now I make my good confession,
Here I take my gospel stand:
Jesus is my Lord and Saviour-
by God's gracious, perfect plan.

I was born in sin's dark prison-
Jesus came to set me free:
Through His cross and resurrectionm
paid my debt and rescued me.

I receive and rest on Jesus-
put my faith in Christ alone,
All my hope is in the mercy God,
through Christ, has made my own.

Now by grace I humbly promise,
and resolve in Christian love
To serve CHrist by serving others,
for the praise of God above.

All I own and all my worship,
now belong to Christ my King;
I will love the church- God's people-
trust God's Word in everything.

Here's my life- Lord, take and use it,
use my gifts to spread your fame;
I will go where Jesus calls me,
live and die for His great name.

A hymn for making public confession of faith in Christ

Paul S. Jones, 2004
Philip Graham Ryken, 2004
Tenth Presbyterian Church

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home